- About Us
- Courses & Events
- Get Involved
- Give to RDI
- Contact Us
PINC, in Point Reyes
Permaculture Institute of Northern California Garden is a suburban scale project on ¾ of an acre located in Point Reyes Station, California.
This was the home of Penny Livingston Stark and James Stark and the Permaculture Institue of Northern California for 17 years. During this time the following elements of a permaculture paradise was designed and installed :
- photovoltaic solar panels to produce 100% of the electricity
- a straw bale vaulted structure with the help of Dan Smith and Associates
- a load bearing strawbale structure
- interior earthen plasters and natural clay finishes
- grey water koi pond processing laundry and bath water and catching rainwater from the roof of the house
- a cob library with roof catchment and an outdoor bread oven and attached bench
- a permaculture food forest garden with fruit, nuts, herbs, berries, vegetables, bamboo and more
We occasionally offer scheduled tours of the Permaculture Institute of Northern California (PINC) site in Pt Reyes. The site is a private residences and therefore we ask you to come only during scheduled events.