- About Us
- Courses & Events
- Get Involved
- Give to RDI
- Contact Us
2-Day Introduction to Permaculture
Nov 9 2013 09:00
Nov 10 2013 17:30
Are you seeking practical solutions towards a more sustainable lifestyle?
We believe that permaculture offers a key.
BOLINAS: COURSE IS FULL - October 26 & 27
Permaculture uses whole system thinking to create productive environments that replicate the resiliency, diversity, and stability of natural systems. Through the framework of Permaculture we can design for abundance and empower ourselves towards more sustainable choices.
You can apply permaculture to any setting or climate – your garden, your farm or ranch, urban and suburban community structures, watershed systems, and your own inner ecology. Permaculture is focused on taking challenges and transforming them into solutions.
Through lecture and hands-on components, this 2-day course will offer an overview of the basics of Permaculture. Topics will include:
• Permaculture solutions for sustainability
• Creative problem solving
• Core routines of nature connection
• Permaculture ethics & principles
• Application of permaculture principles & ecological processes
• Methods of deisgn: designing from patterns to details, zone and sector system, scale of permanence, site analysis
• Registration will be from 8:00–8:45am. Please plan to arrive early – the course will begin promptly at 9:00am.
• Lunches on both Saturday and Sunday will be a potluck-style meal so please bring food to share with others.
• You are welcome to camp overnight on Saturday. If you are camping on-site, you are responsible for your own dinner Saturday evening and breakfast Sunday morning. (The Coast Cafe in town is a good, local option for meals.)
$175 Course fee
$150 Early bird discount, registered & paid in full by Sept 13 for Bolinas, and Oct 4 for Santa Cruz
The 2-day Introduction to Permaculture course is also the start of our 12-month Four Seasons Permaculture Course. If you feel inspired to enroll in the 12-month program upon completion of the 2-day introduction, your course fee will be applied to the Four Seasons Permaculture Course fee.
All fees must be paid in full prior to the start of class.
Bolinas: COURSE IS FULL
Santa Cruz: Click Here to Register
Cancellations up to 2 weeks before the course begins will be refunded, excluding a $50 processing fee. No refunds are given after that date.
For questions or additional information, contact:
415·868 9681 voicemail or email us
Regenerative Design Institute
P.O. Box 923
Bolinas, CA 94924